Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Earth’s Last Stand DVD Coming Soon
It’s been a while since we heard any news about a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD release from Nickelodeon. As a matter of fact, it’s been so long that I’ve actually had fans asking whether or not they would be producing any more physical releases of the show. I’m happy to announce that Nick just revealed their plans for the second volume of season four. The set will be called “Earth’s Last Stand,” indicating that it will include at least the last few episodes from the first half of the season.Official Box Art for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Earth’s Last Stand. Image Source: Nickelodeon.
Unfortunately, we don’t yet have any details about which episodes this set will include. The last release included the first 12 episodes of season four, so it stands to reason that this volume will include at least a handful of the episodes that follow. That being said, although this season hasn’t yet concluded, it’s worth noting that there will be a total of 26 episodes. If 12 episodes have already been released on their Beyond the Known Universe DVD, how many episodes will they be putting on Earth’s Last Stand?
There are a total of 14 episodes left in the season, so it is possible that Nickelodeon will put every single episode on this set. That being said, I highly doubt that they will take this approach – it’s far more likely that they will put 6-8 episodes on this disc. We won’t know for sure until they reveal more details about this release. As it is, you can expect to see Earth’s Last Stand hitting store shelves on December 13th. This is perfect timing for the holiday shoppers, and it gives Nick a few more months to reveal their plans.
UPDATE: As we expected, the official press release from Nickelodeon has revealed that there will be a total of 7 episodes on the 2nd volume of season four. Here is the text from the press release:
“Created by Nickelodeon and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Earth’s Last Stand will be available on DVD, along with a Raphael zipper pull as a gift with purchase while supplies last, on December 13, 2016, for the suggested retail price of $14.99.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Earth’s Last Stand contains the following episodes:
- The Ever-Burning Fire – The team must overcome impossible odds to acquire the final Black Hole Generator piece.
- Earth’s Last Stand – As the team finally reaches Earth, Fugitoid reveals a horrible secret about his past.
- City at War – When April graduates to full Kunoichi, she faces a deadly new enemy while the Turtles face the return of some old, dangerous foes.
- Broken Foot – When Leo secretly allies himself with Karai, he gets himself into deeper danger than he could have realized.
- The Insecta Trifecta – The team faces Stockman-Fly’s new insect minions and Raph has to man up to overcome his fear of insects and lead the team.
- Mutant Gangland – Don Vizioso’s gang tracks the Turtles with a slew of Anti-Mutant weapons!
- Bat in the Belfry – Mikey befriends two odd new superheroes, Wingnut and Screwloose!”
Will you be picking up Earth’s Last Stand when it comes out? Are you happy to see these releases continuing? Would you rather see them release these episodes on another format? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on facebook/twitter.