How to Make a Ninja Turtle Mask
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been popular since the 80s and with the new reboot movie getting ready to come out you can be sure that this generation will be as crazy for them as the last have been. It is easy to make a mask for the little ones to dress up as these crime fighting heroes on the half shell.
All that you will need is:
- A piece of fabric that measures 3 feet by 6 inches
- A permanent marker
- Measuring tape
- Straight Pins
It also helps to know which turtle the child would like to be. Donatello is purple, Leonardo is blue, Michelangelo has an orange mask and Raphael’s mask is red.
Here is how to make it:
- You will need the child present as the first step involves folding the fabric in half along the length and placing the very center of it on the nose of the wannabe turtle
- Open the fabric up and put it across the eyes of the child and proceed to tie it off behind the head
- Take the marker and make a mark at both sides of each eye
- Now you can take the fabric off of the child and lay it out flat on your work space.
- Using your marks to guide you, draw two eyes
- Use the scissors to cut a slit down the length of each eye.
- In order to get an edge that is finished, turn the eye fabric under and then pin it into place.
- Sew the seams into the eyes using the needle and thread to keep the fabric from fraying at the eye holes
- Take the pins out and then sew all of the edges of the fabric to prevent fraying
- Use the iron to make sure all of the seams are flat.
See how easy that was?