How to Draw Ninja Turtles Step by Step
You don’t need to be a professional artist to draw your favorite group of reptilian superheroes, the Ninja Turtles. All you need is a step-by-step tutorial that will guide you through the entire process. The following video is a great, easy-to-follow tutorial on how to draw Raphael from TMNT. General written instructions are provided as well, but it is much more convenient to follow the video to incorporate all the details that go into the drawing.
For this project, you will need the following supplies:
Colored pencils or markers
1. Draw a rough outline of the body with a pencil very lightly.
2. Define the body and facial features around the outline with the pencil. Press more firmly this time.
3. Start with the head and work your way down the body.
4. Include details like the mask and belt.
5. Draw the turtle shell peeking out from behind.
6. Draw Raphael’s Sais swords on the belt.
7. Work on the details of the knees and feet including the kneepads.
8. Incorporate extra details and lines on the chest, arms and legs.
9. Once you are satisfied with your drawing, you may want to outline it with a fine-tip sharpie. This step is optional.
10. Color in the body green, chest area yellow, bandana red, and the arm/kneepads brown. Refer to a picture of Raphael online to get the exact coloring of the character down.